Category: phenotype vs. genotype
Dr. Belsky and colleagues matched the genotypes of Dunedin Study participants with the genome-wide associations with educational attainment that had been reported previously. The results revealed that genetic links with educational attainment predict outcomes that go well beyond the completion of schooling, as Dr. Belsky and colleagues hypothesized.
Details of the Duke study appeared June 1 in the journal Psychological Science, in an article entitled, “The Genetics of Success: How Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms Associated With Educational Attainment Relate to Life-Course Development.” The study reported five main findings.
1. Polygenic scores predicted adult economic outcomes, even after accounting for educational attainments.
2. Genes and environments were correlated: Children with higher polygenic scores were born into better-off homes.
3. Children’s polygenic scores predicted their adult outcomes even when analyses accounted for their social-class origins; social-mobility analysis showed that children with higher polygenic scores were more upwardly mobile than children with lower scores.
4. Polygenic scores predicted behavior across the life course, from early acquisition of speech and reading skills through geographic mobility and mate choice and on to financial planning for retirement.
5. Polygenic-score associations were mediated by psychological characteristics, including intelligence, self-control, and interpersonal skill.
silviosilver ✓ᵀʳᵘᵐᵖ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒʳᵗᵉʳ • 6 days ago
Is that just a bad pic or is he really an octoroon or something? It obviously makes a difference to where he stands on racial issues, so this isn’t some racial ‘fetishist’ question.
MagnaEuropa silviosilver ✓ᵀʳᵘᵐᵖ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒʳᵗᵉʳ • 6 days ago
He used to work in Bombay at a news media publishing company. So it’s possible that he’s half curry or something.
Dr. Rieux MagnaEuropa • 6 days ago
He really is a truly homely person, and who wouldn’t be angry at the world if he looked like Williamson? Plus, being an octoroon would go far toward explaining his anger toward whites.
Joe Cavanaugh MagnaEuropa • 6 days ago
TS1709 silviosilver ✓ᵀʳᵘᵐᵖ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒʳᵗᵉʳ • 6 days ago
From what I have read his daddy was black, his mama was white, she gave the kid up for adoption and he was raised by Mormons. He does not like white people.
I know Kevin fairly well. My rather strong impression is that he’s a race realist, in an intuitive sort of way. I mean, he has no math or science, and understands nothing about the quantitative study of human nature; but at some level, he knows the score.
Notice anything missing from that description? Interesting that the Negro-obsessed Derbyshire fails to mention that Williamson “is an octoroon” or “is Black” or “has a Black father” or any other of the comments floating around the “movement” because typical Nutzi fetishists have some anxiety (heightened by typical Ag trolling) over a bad picture of Kevin.
Der movement, der movement, der movement marches on.